Current OSP Services
- Assistance in Identifying Funding Opportunities: OSP has acquired a license from InfoEd for a research funding opportunities search engine that allows full-time faculty members of Touro College of New York to establish profiles based upon their research interests. The search engine also allows faculty to receive information on a regular basis about possible funding opportunities and proposal deadlines and targeted individual searches also can be conducted.
To register to use InfoEd services, go to the InfoEd website - www.infoed.org
- Proposal Project Design Assistance: OSP is available to advise faculty on the overall design of their projects.
- Proposal Research Methodology Assistance: OSP staff is available, as needed, to provide full-time faculty and principal investigators with assistance regarding research methodology, particularly on statistics and social science analysis tools.
- Proposal Review, Proposal Approval, and Project Award Management: OSP staff is available to assist Principal Investigators (PIs) and faculty of Touro College of New York at various stages of proposal development. Additionally, prior to official submission of any proposal to an external sponsoring agency, proposals must be reviewed and approved by OSP (see below link for information about that process). OSP also oversees award negotiations with sponsors and provides non-financial grants management guidance for awards once they have been received. (Award accounts will continue to be established by Touro’s Controller’s Office. The Controller’s Office also generates the official financial reports associated with awards.) Please refer to the following links for more information related to the above-cited OSP functions:
- Workshops: OSP offers workshops on such topics as search engines (e.g., InfoEd, Grants.gov, and Federal Business Opportunities); effective grant writing strategies; human subjects research compliance issues; research methodologies; and data analysis software technologies. All workshops are announced on the OSP webpage as well as on Touro’s Homepage under Announcements or Events.