The Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education is committed to helping physicians refine their skills, deepening physician understanding of the osteopathic medical profession, and encouraging physicians to continue to offer the best in patient care. We place special emphasis on teaching and learning in the areas of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Cultural Competency, and New Technology. Our mission is to impact and improve the quality of physician health care through Continuing Medical Education.
Learn Medical Spanish & Earn CME
15 Category 2B Credits Per Level
The Touro Canopy Medical Spanish Program™ has been developed especially for the unique needs of health care professionals. This easy to use online learning tool will allow medical professionals with little or no prior knowledge of Spanish to gain competency in both Spanish language and culture. For medical professionals who already have Spanish knowledge, the intermediate and advanced levels can help improve the ability to work in a variety of medical settings.
- 3 Levels (12 modules per level)
- 15 Category 2B AOA CME Credits Per Level
- 45 Contact Hours In Total
Content for the Touro Canopy Medical Spanish program was developed by a multidisciplinary curriculum design team including experts in second language acquisition, medical Spanish instructors, and board-certified physicians fluent in Spanish. This team created a comprehensive program of study incorporating key components from the medical education curriculum used by the Association of American Medical Colleges, standard content for Spanish and medical Spanish courses, and best practices in second language acquisition. Our Authentic Context Tutor (ACT) pedagogy serves as a key component to the curriculum, presenting difficult concepts in multiple formats, offering guidance/remediation for errors and providing positive feedback for correct answers. The Touro Canopy program has undergone comprehensive testing in New York medical education institutions and the final curriculum was reviewed and approved for medical accuracy by a panel of physicians, nurses and other pertinent healthcare providers.
- On average, participants more than doubled their baseline Spanish language proficiency after completing Level I of the program.
- An overwhelming majority (97%) of participants agreed or strongly agreed that they learned important medical Spanish terminology through use of the Canopy Learn program.
- Over 93% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that medical schools and residency programs should provide the program to their students.
- 83% of users found the program and its exercises easy to use.
Participants will receive 15 Category 2B AOA CME credit hours for each level of the Touro Canopy Learn program that is completed with a grade of 70% or higher. Other healthcare professionals are able to submit certificates of completion to their respective accrediting bodies as an individualized credit option, (Acceptance of CME credit is always at the discretion of the accrediting body).
- Level 1 - Beginners (15 CME hours) - $400 | Free Trial
- Level 2 - Intermediate (15 credit hours) - $300 | Free Trial
- Level 3 - Advanced (15 credit hours) - $200 | Free Trial
- Complete Suite Levels 1-3 (45 credit hours ) - $750
Certification of Participation
(How to receive CME credit for your participation in the Canopy Medical Spanish program)
At the end of each Canopy Medical Spanish level there is a final exam. Once this exam has been completed with a grade of 70% or higher, you must complete the CME Certification of Participation form found below and scan or fax the document along with a screenshot of your final score like the one below. If you are unable to access the screenshot, please call (646) 981-4558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once both documents have been submitted, your CME credit will processed for the appropriate level.Sample Screenshot
Group Rates Available
For more information contact:
Director, Continuing Medical Education
Office: (646) 981-4558