Net Price Calculator- Flatbush Undergraduate
Grants, Scholarships and Loans
Touro College is committed to helping students meet the cost of their
education through a variety of financial aid programs, including academic scholarships,
need-based financial assistance grants, subsidized state and federal loans, and the
college work-study program. More than eighty percent of the undergraduates at Touro
College receive some type of financial assistance.
Touro College awards annually over a million dollars in Touro Academic Scholarships to
students with superior high school scholastic records. Scholarships are renewable upon
satisfactory academic performance for up to four years.
Need-based grants include the New York State TAP Awards, the Federal PELL
Awards (Important information concerning Pell Awards/Grants, please click here)
, and Touro College Grants. Students may qualify for a combination of
need-based grants and academic scholarships.
Loan programs, at low interest rates, are another source of assistance. Loans
must be repaid after graduation or upon leaving college.
To apply for Federal, State and Touro College financial aid, students must complete the
Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Applications can be
obtained from the Office of Financial Aid, (718) 252-7800, ext. 258.
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS (As of October 1999)
- Touro College Academic Scholarships Maximum Annual Award $6,000
- Lander Honors Scholarships Maximum Annual Award $7,200
- Dean's Scholarships Maximum Annual Award $2,000
- College Work-Study Program Maximum Annual Award $3,600
- Perkins Loans Maximum Annual Award $1,000
- Stafford Loans
- 1st Year Maximum Annual Award $2,625
- 2nd Year Maximum Annual Award $3,500
- After 2nd Year Maximum Annual Award $5,500