THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Touro College has a rolling admissions policy and students may be admitted for the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters. Our admissions counselors are available to answer any questions and to discuss your unique needs. Students desiring admission to Touro College should follow these procedures:
1. THE APPLICATION - Submit your completed application, together with a non-refundable $50 fee, to the Office of Admissions at Touro College 1602 Avenue J, Brooklyn NY 11230. Students studying in Israel may forward their application to the Touro Israel Center in Jerusalem. An application can be downloaded here. Click the links: PDF format.
2. ACADEMIC RECORDS - Forward to Touro an official high school transcript and, if applicable, college transcripts. Applications will not be evaluated without high school transcripts.
3. TEST SCORES - Students who have taken the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) should have official test score reports sent to Touro. The College Board code for Touro College is 2902 for the SAT; the code for the ACT is 2961.
4. RECOMMENDATIONS - Two letters of recommendation may be submitted in support of your application. The letters should be written by people who know you well, such as teachers, counselors or your local rabbi.
5. INTERVIEWS AND ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST - Before making a decision, the Admissions Committee may request that an applicant have an interview with an admissions officer. The interview report becomes part of the applicant's file. Usually an English Placement Examination is administered immediately following the interview.
6. EARLY ADMISSIONS AND TRANSFER APPLICATIONS- Candidates who possess an outstanding academic record and demonstrate the ability to benefit from college may be admitted to Touro at the end of the junior year of high school. Touro also welcomes transfer students and qualified visiting students from other colleges.
To Learn More...
For additional information, including a Touro College Bulletin and an Application for Admission, or for a personal appointment, please call or write to:
The Office of Admissions
Touro College Flatbush Campus
1602 Avenue J
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 252-7800, Ext. 299 or 320
or download an application here: Lander Colleges Application for Admission