Master of Science in Accounting
New government regulations, greater scrutiny of corporate finances, and business growth have fueled the need for professionals with deep knowledge of the important role accounting information plays in corporate decision-making. The Master of Science in Accounting program provides a knowledge base of the essential functional areas needed by accountants. These include budget planning and control, audit and evaluation of controls, financial measurement, documentation, and reporting. This program prepares candidates to satisfy the 150-credit educational requirement for taking the uniform CPA examination.
Course of Study
The Master of Science in Accounting is a 30 credit program normally completed within 5 semesters. Students are required to complete 6 required courses and 4 elective courses. Students will acquire essential tools to excel in the accounting profession and qualify to sit for the New York State CPA licensure examination.
View Program Components:
- Core Courses
- Elective Courses
Who Should Enroll?
The Master of Science in Accounting program is appropriate for persons seeking careers or positions as professional accountants in industry, government, and non-profit organizations, for tax attorneys who need additional knowledge of accounting transactions, and those who wish to qualify for the NYS CPA exam.
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting from an accredited college or university (or its equivalent), with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- If the degree is in a subject area other than accounting, appropriate courses in accounting and business are required for admission.
- A completed application for admission to the Touro College Graduate School of Business.
- Official GMAT test score. Touro College's score report number is MN8-Z3-04.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- If applicable, an English Language Proficiency Test.
- Touro College graduates holding a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Accounting will have preferred status in the admission process.
Recommended Sequence of Courses
To view the recommended sequence of courses, please click here.