Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management
Although all resources are essential for business success, the contributions of people to reaching business goals and objectives make them the most valued of assets. The Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management (HRM) is a business-based, practitioner-oriented certificate offering a thorough education in core HRM disciplines. Coursework includes business foundations and personnel management systems, employment law, ethics and accountability, and change management. Program content maps to the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)® HRM competency model, which is universally recognized as the highest professional standard for the practice of human resources.
Why Enroll in this Program?
This 15-credit, 5-course Certificate program helps prepare participants to obtain HRM-related positions within organizations, become independent HRM consultant, and/or HRM educators. Students who enroll in the MBA program with specialization in human resource management may be able to apply up to twelve credits earned in this program towards MBA course requirements.
Course of Study
- MSB 605 Ethics in the Global Marketplace
- MBA 607 Organizational Transformation: Managing for Change (formerly MBA 640)
- MBA 620 Human Resource Management in the 21st Century Global Workplace
- MBA 621 Employment Law
- MSH 620 Business Foundations for Human Resource Management Professionals
Who Should Enroll?
The Advanced Certificate in Human Resources program is appropriate for business professionals who want to increase their HRM knowledge and marketability, or who wish to work in human resource management.
- A completed application for admission to the Advanced Certificate in HRM Program at the Touro College Graduate School of Business.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (or its equivalent).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Written statement of your motivations, interests and goals in pursuing this credential.
Students must successfully complete five courses (15 credits) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better to earn the advanced certificate.
Recommended Sequence of Courses
To view the recommended sequence of courses, please click here.