TESOL/BILINGUAL PROGRAMS ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Summer 2013 Registration
Summer I: 4/8 - 6/10
Summer II: 4/8 - 7/1
Summer III: 4/8 - 7/24
Summer IV: 4/8 - 8/13
Please read carefully before register.
- After June 10th, online registration is not available. Please come to the program office to register. (Hours: 10:00AM - 4:30PM. Registration is held Mondays through Thursdays, NOT on Fridays)
- Due to the intensity of summer sessions, we do NOT accept late registration. If you miss the last day of registration for each session, you won’t be able to register for the course in that session.
- Students with incompletes from previous semesters will not be allowed to register for Summer 2013 courses.
- Please be aware of the SECTION CODE that is attached to each course number when you register. We have our specific codes, such as EDPS 673 SL, EDU 638 SA, EDU 637 QL, EDU 635 LA, EDPS 620 OB. Course numbers are shared with other programs and the section codes differentiate each program.
- Keep record on the number of online courses you have taken. There is a credit limit that you can take online.
- MS in TESOL- up to 15 credit hours (5 courses)
- Bilingual Extension programs and Advanced certificate program in TESOL- up to 6 credit hours (2 courses)
- Bilingual PPS extension- 3 credit hours (1 course)
To register online, applicants should follow the steps listed below:
- Login to MyTouro Portal
- Click on TCWEB
- Click on Quick pay to make a deposit of at least 35% for each course
- Make sure you are in the correct Term: Summer 13
- Click on Course Search
- Enter the Division: Graduate
- Click on Department: EDU/EDSE/or EDPS *(according to course code letters).
- Click on Course number: 636, 671, etc.
- Click on Find Classes. Do not enter a course code yet.
- Choose the classes that you are registering for and click Add (Make sure to follow the schedule of classes to see the correct section and to follow the courses required for TESOL/Bilingual Programs) * Sections: SL or SM (Manhattan), SA or SB (Brooklyn), QL or QM (Queens), LA or LB (Bay Shore), and section OB or OC (Online). If the ADD button does not appear next to the course, please contact Jenise Hernandez at ext 5544.
After following the steps above, a confirm screen should show. For additional courses repeat process.
All students need chair’s approval to register for EDU 678, EDU 679 and PSY 698 and must register in person. Bayshore Students should see Dr. Kim, program chair or a program faculty, for approval. Dr. Kim or other TESOL/BLE faculty is available in Room 111E, at the Bayshore Campus by appointment.
* ITI students are not allowed to use the online registration module (See Programs' Chair for Advisement and Registration)
- Current students, please be aware that you need to have a “ZERO” balance in your account in order to register. If you are receiving financial aid, make sure to check with the Financial Aid Office for funding availability. Technical difficulties with the Online Registration call extension: 5607 or 5608
- If this is your last semester make sure to apply for graduation. The deadline for January 2012 is November 15, 2011 June 2012 is May 1, 2012.
Thank you for using our new online registration system.
Dr. Seong-Shin Kim, Program Chair