The registration period for the Spring 2014 semester begins Monday, December 2,2013, and will continue through Wednesday, January 8th, 2014
New students must register in person for the first semester. Thereafter students in the MS Literacy Program may register for their courses using Touro's on-line web registration system (www.tcweb.touro.edu). Students always have the option of registering in person.
October 31, 2013
Dear Literacy student,
The registration period for the Spring 2014 semester is Monday, December 2, 2013 thru Wednesday January 8, 2014. Registration will be conducted online. New students must register in person . The schedules for Manhattan, Bayshore and online classes are attached. Please note that all courses are now offered online with the exception of the two practicums and you may now take the entire program online.
Please keep in mind the following when registering:
- Outstanding balances from the previous semester must be paid before you will be permitted to register.
- Tuition is $1490 per three credits.
- Students are permitted to register for no more than 12 credits. You must pay at least 35% of your total bill at the time of registration
- If you know in advance that you have a social event such as a wedding, vacation, etc. which conflicts with a class, do not register for the class. Students have been disappointed when they did so with the expectation that they could miss several classes and then submit a make- up assignment. This is not the policy of the Literacy department.
- If you become ill or some other misfortune occurs and you miss more than two classes you should drop the class. Submission of a note from a doctor will not be a rationale to continue the class. It is merely an explanation of why you missed the class.
- Although 665, 667, 620 and 650 are offered by other departments, literacy students must take these courses through the literacy department. Absolutely no exceptions will be made.
- Students should familiarize themselves with the Policies and Procedures section of the Touro College catalogue so they are aware of requirements, policies and expectations for graduate student
- Absolutely no drops or adds over the phone will be permitted. Students must send an email requesting an add or drop and should be aware that refunds are based on how early in the semester the class is dropped.
Chair, Master of Teaching Literacy Program