Applicants for admission to the program will be evaluated according to the criteria listed below. These criteria will be applied flexibly provided there is alternative evidence of aptitude for graduate study.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited academic institution.
- Prior state certification in any area of teaching.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale).
- Application for admission to the Graduate Division of the School of Education.
- An interview by the program director.
- Two letters of reference from employers and/or professors.
- Quality of writing as evidenced in a statement of intent
- Minimum of 550 (213 on the computer based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This requirement applies to an applicant whose native language is not English. It may be waived provided there is alternative evidence of proficiency in English.
$1490 per course tuition fee
$50 application fee
$100 registration fee