The mission of the EAC is to ensure educational equity. To this end, the EAC assists states and school districts build their capacities to effectively address the problems of desegregation based on race, sex, and national origin that have an impact on student achievement and equal educational opportunity. Funded by the U.S Department of Education, the EAC provides technical assistance to states and school districts in New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands to effectively address the equity issues which affect student achievement and opportunity.
The Center provides technical assistance, upon request, to states, districts, and schools regarding issues of race, sex, and national origin. Major areas of focus include: disproportionality; teacher quality; drop-out prevention/re-entry; English Language Learners; and harassment/bullying/violence, while also meeting the equity requirements of NCLB and IDEA.
REQUESTS FOR SERVICES
To discuss how Region II Equity Assistance Center can help your state, district, or school, please email us at EAC.GSE@touro.edu or complete and submit the Online Request Form. When emailing or completing the online request form, please have the following information ready:
- Your name and contact info (email/phone/fax)
- Your position (e.g., principal, assistant superintendent, ESL coordinator, etc.)
- The state or local education agency or school you represent
- The type of assistance you are interested in receiving: technical assistance, professional development, or information
- A description of the equity issue(s) you hope to address in partnership with EAC Region II
All information is kept confidential.