Machon LíParnasa, a division of Touro College, was established in 1998. The Institute offers programs on a professional entry level that lead to a certificate and/or associateís degree upon successful completion. In keeping with the Collegeís mission to address underserved populations, Machon LíParnasaís program curricula are geared to the Chassidic/Chareidi communities, with flexible class schedules Ė daytime, evenings, and Sundays -- designed to meet the particular needs of an adult student body.
Studentsí needs are also met via classes that are small, individualized, and taught in separate buildings for men and women. The Institute provides academic training in professional fields, as well as basic language and other skills needed to meet the demands of todayís highly-competitive job market.
In Spring 1999, Machon LíParnasa first offered classes to less than 100 students. Today, the Institute has an enrollment of nearly 300, studying in four associateís degree programs and two certificate programs. A large number of our graduates, introduced to the possibilities and promise of higher education, have opted to continue their education and pursue baccalaureate degrees.
A key advantage of the Machon LíParnasa approach is that it offers the opportunity for students to earn their degrees in stages. A student might earn a certificate (one-year), followed by an associateís degree upon completion of an additional year of study. At that point s/he may continue with studies leading to a baccalaureate degree at many of Touroís campuses, as well as being eligible to apply to programs in the School of Health Sciences.
Programs offered by the Institute currently include:
- Associate in Science in Business Management & Administration (with concentrations in Accounting, Finance, Management, and Marketing)
- Certificate or Associate in Science in Desktop Publishing
- Associate in Science in Human Services
- Certificate in Medical Office Coding and Billing
- Associate in Arts in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts and Sciences: For students planning to major in Mathematics (Actuarial Studies track), Education, or Psychology at the baccalaureate level, or who wish to apply to the graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology or other programs in the School of Health Sciences, our AA in ILA offers many courses either included in those programs or required as prerequisites.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Net Price calculator for Machon
Machon LíParnasa has a rolling admissions policy and students may be admitted for the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters. Our admissions counselors are available to answer any questions and to discuss your unique needs. Students desiring admission to Machon LíParnasa should follow these procedures:
1. THE APPLICATION - Submit your completed application, together with a non-refundable $50 fee, to the main office of Machon LíParnasa Ė 1301 45th Street, Brooklyn NY 11219. An application can be downloaded here. Click one of the following links:
MS Word format
2. Proficiency and/ or Ability to Benefit Examinations : All applicants are required to take proficiency exams in English and Math. In the event that the applicant has not completed high school, has not taken or passed the GED, or graduated from a foreign high school, an 'ability to benefit' will be administered as well.
3. Official transcripts of all high school and college work: The transcripts should be sent directly to Machon Lí Parnasa by the issuing school. Transcripts issued to the students are not considered official documents. Even if the student does not intend or expect to transfer college credit, he/she should have all transcripts sent to Touro College. All international students must provide proof of secondary school completion according to matriculation standards in the issuing country. All foreign documents must be accompanied by an official English translation and evaluation (please contact the World Education Service at www.wes.org for more information).
Click here to download UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT HANDBOOK 2010-2012